With AEW recently announcing AEW Collision for Memphis, TN on October 21, it has been revealed that WWE may have had restrictions in place preventing advertising for the show.
According to Dave Meltzer’s latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, AEW’s rather late announcement for the show at the FedEx Forum was due to WWE recently hosting the August 28 edition of Monday Night Raw in the same venue.
AEW just announced a 10/21 date in Memphis.
The reason this date at the Fed Ex Forum was announced so late in the game is that WWE’s contract with arenas calls for no announcing or advertising of dates with other wrestling companies from a certain number of days before the event (so tickets for both aren’t on sale at the same time) and for a period after the event.
Raw ran the building on 8/28 so it appears the window is about 15 days after the show before anyone could announce another show.
This is not the first Meltzer has reported such an agreement being in place between WWE and the venues that host their shows, with a June 2023 edition of the Newsletter first noting that WWE had measures such as this in place.
In other news in relation to both companies, there has been a major update on the future of AEW star Jade Cargill amid reports that she could be set to join WWE.
To read the latest on this check here.
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Cody Rhodes Next WWE Feud Revealed?
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE
- Big Update On Becky Lynch’s NXT Future
- Championship Matches Added To AEW WrestleDream 2023
- Last Minute Change To AEW Collision