The opponent facing either Roman Reigns or Brock Lesnar at Clash at the Castle has been determined in a brutal match on WWE SmackDown.
In a brutal battle on tonight’s edition (July 29) of WWE SmackDown, the winner of the opening match between Sheamus and Drew McIntyre would go on to challenge the WWE Undisputed Champion at Clash At The Castle.
After multiple interferences from fellow Eastie Boys, Ridge Holland and Butch, Sheamus was still not able to get the win, falling to Drew McIntyre after a massive Claymore and getting the victory via pinfall.
The celebration was short-lived however as from out of nowhere, Drew was attacked mid-interview segment in the ring by a rabid Theory wielding his Money in the Bank briefcase as a weapon.
WWE continues to tease Theory cashing in on whoever wins the WWE Undisputed Championship match at WWE SummerSlam.
In a backstage segment, Theory said that “Nobody is going to stop me from becoming Champion and walking into Cardiff and making Drew McIntyre my punching bag, again.”
After which he was met by Paul Heyman who was overheard by the camera to say, “I see a future young man…” before the show cut away.
- ‘A Lot Of Concern’ Over Randy Orton Injury
- Report: Bandido Offered AEW Contract Following September 28 Dynamite
- Several WWE Stars Missing SmackDown Due To Hurricane Ian
- AEW Facing ‘Brutal’ Live Show Ticket Sales
- Young Bucks & Kenny Omega ‘Haven’t Heard Anything’ About AEW Return
- Brock Lesnar WWE Return Date Revealed?
- VICE TV Vince McMahon Documentary To Cover WWE Departure
- Rush Officially Signs With AEW
- Here’s Everyone Chris Jericho Could Face For The ROH Title
- The Good Brothers Are ‘Always Going To Listen’ To WWE Return Offers