The opponent facing either Roman Reigns or Brock Lesnar at Clash at the Castle has been determined in a brutal match on WWE SmackDown.
In a brutal battle on tonight’s edition (July 29) of WWE SmackDown, the winner of the opening match between Sheamus and Drew McIntyre would go on to challenge the WWE Undisputed Champion at Clash At The Castle.
After multiple interferences from fellow Eastie Boys, Ridge Holland and Butch, Sheamus was still not able to get the win, falling to Drew McIntyre after a massive Claymore and getting the victory via pinfall.
The celebration was short-lived however as from out of nowhere, Drew was attacked mid-interview segment in the ring by a rabid Theory wielding his Money in the Bank briefcase as a weapon.
WWE continues to tease Theory cashing in on whoever wins the WWE Undisputed Championship match at WWE SummerSlam.
In a backstage segment, Theory said that “Nobody is going to stop me from becoming Champion and walking into Cardiff and making Drew McIntyre my punching bag, again.”
After which he was met by Paul Heyman who was overheard by the camera to say, “I see a future young man…” before the show cut away.
- Rumored New WWE Signing Vacates Championship
- Dolph Ziggler First Post-WWE Match Confirmed
- WWE’s Dominik Mysterio Breaks Silence With Message To Judgment Day After Title Loss
- CM Punk Backstage News From WWE NXT Deadline
- AEW Star Calls Out Triple H Following Controversial WWE Affiliate Comment
- Top WWE Star Pulled From Shows After Legitimate Injury
- AEW Star’s First Match In Six Months Confirmed
- AEW Star Responds To Claim They Were Punished For Social Media Conduct
- WWE Star Going ‘Back To The Drawing Board’
- TNA Wrestling Departure Confirmed