Current IMPACT World Champion Josh Alexander has reached an incredible milestone in the company.
Alexander captured the title for the second time back at IMPACT Rebellion on April 23, 2022, defeating Moose.
Since then, Alexander has reigned as the champion, defeating names such as Eric Young, Eddie Edwards and most recently Frankie Kazarian.
Alexander’s reign today reaches 212 days, which makes him the second longest reigning TNA/IMPACT World Champion in history.
Alexander’s reign passed AJ Styles’ first run with the title from 2009/2010, which lasted 211 days.
Alexander must hold for another 45 days to pass Bobby Roode’s reign of 256 days from 2011/2012, the longest reign with the title.
The TNA World Championship was created in May 2007, following the end of the NWA’s relationship with the company.
Kurt Angle was the inaugural champion, winning the title at TNA Sacrifice on May 13, 2007.
Alexander is set to defend the title against Bully Ray at the upcoming IMPACT Hard To Kill event.
Bully Ray won the Call Your Shot Gauntlet at Bound For Glory to earn the shot at Alexander.
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) November 21, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Jack Perry ‘Scapegoat’ Video Airs Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- WWE Star Wants Rubber Match Against Major Free Agent
- WWE Star Set For Big Push Heading Into WrestleMania 40
- WWE Star Earns Second Place At Jiu Jitsu World League Tournament
- WWE Star Pulled From Elimination Chamber Card Reacts To Event
- Top WWE Star Pushing To Return From Injury Before WrestleMania 40
- Absent WWE Star Makes Public Appearance Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Star’s Upcoming Return
- What Happened After Kazuchika Okada NJPW Farewell Match
- AEW Real-Life Father & Son Team Together For First Time Since Falling Out