When Brock Lesnar left WWE back in 2004, he eventually went on to find major success in the UFC before he returned to WWE in 2012.
During his time away, Lesnar also spent two years in New Japan Pro Wrestling, where he captured the IWGP Championship in Antonio Inoki’s promotion.
Inoki sadly passed away in October of 2022.
In a new report by Tokyo Sports, a person close to Inoki was in attendance at WrestleMania 39 in Los Angeles this year.
Prior to Lesnar’s match with Omos on night two of the event, Lesnar reportedly went out of his way to speak to the person, offering his condolences on the passing of Inoki.
The report also notes that someone attempted to approach Lesnar, but Lesnar ignored them in favour of listening to stories of his former boss’ last days.
Lesnar picked up a quick victory over Omos on the show.
Since WrestleMania, Lesnar has been locked into a feud with Cody Rhodes, with the two sharing a victory apiece over each other.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy