There is some uncertainty surrounding the IWGP US Championship match slated for NJPW Dominion.
Current champion Juice Robinson missed the June 3 Best of the Super Juniors final event after he was rushed to hospital to be treated for appendicitis. That same show, former champion SANADA announced his return from injury, vowing to recapture the gold at Dominion.
NJPW later announced that Robinson would be defending the IWGP US Title against SANADA and Will Ospreay in three way action at the June 12 special.
NJPW has now shared a video from Juice Robinson, in which the champion stated that he will not be competing due to his condition, suggesting that SANADA and Ospreay should face off in a #1 contenders match instead.
You can watch the promo video below:
Robinson won the title at Capital Collision in fourway action, dethroning Hiroshi Tanahashi, who had won the vacant gold at Wrestling Dontaku. The title was vacated by SANADA who suffered a fractured orbital bone in a match against Will Ospreay.
As of writing, NJPW hasn’t officially announced any changes to this match. We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
Also at NJPW Dominion, Kazuchika Okada will defend his IWGP World Heavyweight Championship against Bullet Club leader Jay White, ahead of AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door. Okada has been called out by Hangman Page for a match at the crossover event.
Check out the announced line-up NJPW Dominion at this link.
- Karrion Kross’ Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Main Event Revealed
- Big Name Fired By WWE, Triple H Re-Signs Another Released Star, Logan Paul Backstage Heat – News Bulletin – August 9, 2022
- Dexter Lumis Returns On WWE Raw
- Fans Are Confused By Nikki A.S.H & Doudrop’s Car During WWE Raw Segment
- Several Johnny Gargano References Made On WWE Raw
- Kevin Owens Brings Back His Vicious Side At The Expense Of Ezekiel
- Hilarious Video Of Tony Khan At Sammy Guevara & Tay Conti’s Wedding
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW Star Malakai Black Reveals He Recently Survived Career-Threatening Injury
- WWE Star Calls Out Logan Paul For Not Following Backstage Etiquette