A recently departed AEW star reflects on his time in the company and shares the one thing he wants to ‘put AEW over for’ in a new chat.
Jack Evans recently announced that while his contract with AEW would be ending in April 2021, he was aware that it would not be renewed, ending his time with the company.
Speaking to Chris Van Vliet, Jack Evans shared more about his departure from AEW, noting:
“I don’t have any bad experiences or anything. Like I said in a follow-up tweet, I don’t want to diss myself, but I kind of understand where they are coming from. I don’t actually feel that I was giving added value to the company. Obviously, me being on that AEW salary contract and on TV is awesome, but it wasn’t a bitter breakup or anything and I understood where they were coming from. It wasn’t something out of left field. One thing that I want to put AEW over for is waiting the whole contract and not just, ‘okay, we signed him, we don’t want this guy anymore, dump him next week.’ I didn’t want to get involved because those Twitter fights are eternal, but it started this huge Twitter fight and I’m like, ‘I feel that’s the way to handle it,'”
Jack Evans was announced to be signing with AEW in 2019 and appeared alongside Angélico in a tag team called The Hybrid 2 which debuted at AEW’s inaugural Double or Nothing in 2019 in a match against the Best Friends.
Transcription via Fightful
- UFC Hall Of Famer Daniel Cormier To Serve As Special Guest Referee At WWE Extreme Rules
- Ricky Steamboat Announces In-Ring Return With FTR
- AEW Star Continues To Tease Departure On Social Media
- Jury Comes To Decision In Randy Orton WWE 2K Tattoo Lawsuit
- Update On Triple H Changing GUNTHER’s Ring Name
- WWE Stars Gets Married (Photo)
- WWE Reveals Lineup For Last Raw Before Extreme Rules (October 3)
- Seth Rollins Recalls Fan Attack On WWE Raw
- Rhea Ripley Wants To Do Mixed Tag Matches With Damian Priest
- WWE’s Carmella Addresses Fake ‘Leaked’ Picture Of Her & Corey Graves