The former and inaugural AEW TBS Champion Jade Cargill tasted defeat for the first time back at AEW Double or Nothing.
On the show, Cargill successfully retained her title against Taya Valkyrie, before Kris Statlander made her return from injury, defeating Jade to become the new champion.
Since that defeat, Jade has not appeared on AEW television, with her future with the company seemingly up in the air.
In an update from Fightful Select (subscription required), Jade was backstage at last week’s (August 9) episode of Dynamite, which would seem to mean that she will make her way back to the company.
Fightful reports that Jade’s absence was ‘planned time off’ from the company.
Statlander has been appearing on AEW Collision as the champion in recent weeks.
She is seemingly set to defend the title against Willow Nightingale, potentially at All In at Wembley Stadium.
This week’s episode of Dynamite also featured several interesting names backstage, including former WCW World Champion David Arquette.
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- WWE Star ‘Miraculously’ Recovers From Injury
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Tiffany Stratton Reveals Why WWE Won’t Allow Her To Use ‘Barbie’ Nickname
- Tony Khan Doubles Down On WrestleDream 2023 Marking A ‘New Era In AEW’