AEW commentator Jim Ross made a reference to the All Out backstage fight during the November 19 Full Gear pay-per-view.
At AEW All Out on September 4, Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks became the inaugural Trios Champions, and CM Punk defeated Jon Moxley to win the AEW World Championship.
On the following episode of Dynamite, AEW President Tony Khan announced that Punk and the Elite had been stripped of their respective titles, without really explaining why.
AEW fans learned through reports that Punk and The Elite had been suspended following a backstage altercation following Punk’s appearance during the post-All Out media scrum.
While the investigation into the events has been completed, and The Elite have returned to TV, the incident is rarely referenced by AEW.
At Full Gear, PAC, Penta El Zero M and Rey Fenix defended their Trios Titles against Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks. The win was controversial, with Fenix using the ring bell hammer to knock Omega out.
Following the bout, Jim Ross made an interesting comment:
“They are going to settle this behind closed doors in a locker room or something.”
Of course, the two teams won’t actually settle this behind closed doors (I hope). Following the bout, AEW confirmed that this match was the first in a Best of 7 Series that Death Triangle and The Elite are now engaged in.
You can check out the schedule for the potential six other matches in the series right here.
Kenny Omega has also issued a challenge to Will Ospreay for a match at Wrestle Kingdom 17. The bout would mark Omega’s first NJPW match since 2019.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Replacement Named For WWE Championship Match Changed Due To Medical Issue
- NXT Star Praised For Making ‘Unprecedented’ Progress
- Triple H’s Next WWE Signing Revealed?
- More Main Roster Debuts At WWE Taping
- The Bloodline Pay Tribute To Umaga On WWE Raw
- Top AEW Star Announced For December 7 Dynamite
- Championship Match Cancelled Due To Top WWE Star Medical Issue
- Find Out When Tony Khan Will Publicly Address William Regal Status
- WWE Teases Two Epic Future Feuds On Raw
- WWE Star Returns To Raw For Vengeance