WWE fans are currently experiencing a return run from John Cena that nobody would have seen coming just a few months ago.
Cena has been advertised for the next eight weeks of WWE television, with his availability coming about due to the ongoing SAG-AFTRA strikes.
Cena returned on the September 1 episode of SmackDown, where he announced that he would be the host of the following night’s Payback premium live event in Pittsburgh.
On the show, not only was Cena the host, but he also served as the special referee for the match between The Miz and LA Knight (YEAH).
Ahead of the match, Cena got advice from all of WWE’s referees, running down the rules, in a hilarious video Cena uploaded to Tik Tok.
Cena would end up helping Knight pick up the win over Miz on the show, before the two men shook hands on the ramp.
Cena is also reportedly discussed for an appearance for the WWE Fastlane event next month.
The referees were giving John Cena tips for the guest referee spot 😂😂😂
— Fightful Wrestling (@Fightful) September 7, 2023
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Rare Roman Reigns Match Added To Upcoming WWE Show
- Big Change To WWE Fastlane Match Confirmed?
- Several In WWE ‘Unhappy’ With Recent Release
- Matt Riddle Makes Cryptic Announcement After WWE Release
- Spoilers For AEW Championship Matches Ahead Of WrestleDream
- WWE Star Using IMPACT Wrestler’s Entrance Music
- Major Update On Edge WWE Status Amid Departure Rumours
- Shawn Michaels Addresses Potentially Working With CM Punk In NXT