Despite rumours circulating that former Raw Tag Team Champions Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson would be returning to WWE, their arrival on the October 10 episode of Raw still came as a surprise.
The surprise came due to Anderson still being the NJPW NEVER Openweight Champion, meaning a current NJPW champion was now a member of the WWE roster.
Anderson was set to defend his NEVER Openweight Championship against Hikuleo on November 5, which quickly became an issue when WWE booked a six-man tag team match for the upcoming Crown Jewel event between the Judgment Day and the OC, also set for November 5.
This now means that Anderson was double booked for the date, which he and Gallows addressed in an ‘official statement’ to NJPW.
The Good Brothers claimed that they are now double booked due to NJPW not running the NEVER Openweight title defence by Gallows, so they won’t be attending the match with Hikuleo on the date.
That’s that sorted then.
OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM THE GREATEST #NEVEROPENWEIGHTCHAMPION ON THE FACT THAT @njpw1972 BOOKED ME WITHOUT GOING THRU MY BOOKING AGENT @the_biglg ……. SO WITH THAT SAID …..
We gotta little problem.
Signed, @wwe ‘s #theOC ‘s Karl “Bright Lights” Anderson pic.twitter.com/b5N8yIW7Xa
— Karl “The Machine Gun” Anderson (@MachineGunKA) October 19, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm