Kurt Angle was famously the leader of ‘Team Angle’ during his SmackDown run back in 2003. The trio consisted of Angle, Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas.
When the American Alpha duo of Chad Gable and Jason Jordan burst onto the NXT scene in 2015, fans immediately drew parallels between them and the team of Haas and Benjamin, and imagined an alliance between them and Angle as well.
While Jordan has unfortunately retired since, Gable is thriving right now as a member of Alpha Academy alongside Otis, where he is a former Raw Tag Team Champion.
Kurt Angle spoke about the missed opportunity of working with American Alpha on a recent episode of the Kurt Angle Show, and who he’d want to put in a modern version of Team Angle.
“I know, man, I wanted to manage them and it just wasn’t in the cards, unfortunately. You know what I’d like to do? I’d like to manage the Olympians… When Gable Steveson starts his career, he and Chad Gable, that would be the new Team Angle. I would love to do that. That’s what they would be called, The Gables. You got to have Otis in there.”
Steveson took part in a segment with Chad Gable at WrestleMania 38, and is set to make his WWE debut soon after completing his college wrestling career.
transcription via Wrestling Inc
- Recently Departed WWE Name Signs With AEW
- Liv Morgan Throws Shade At Former WWE Star Following Nickname Controversy?
- AEW Star Turns Babyface
- Current AEW Champion Out Due To Visa Issues
- Triple H Reveals Reaction To Cody Rhodes ‘Smashing The Throne’ In AEW
- WWE Star Never Wrestling Full-Time Again
- WWE Name Expected To Join AEW Because Of Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone
- More Matches Announced For AEW Revolution 2024
- The Rock Sends Message To Cody Rhodes & His ‘Little Girlfriend’ Seth Rollins Ahead Of WWE Elimination Chamber
- CM Punk Injury Referenced By AEW Star On Dynamite