It has been announced by WWE that three new additions will join the second annual Mae Young Classic. One of them will be familiar to wrestling fans everywhere.
Ashley Rayne, Madison Rayne of IMPACT Wrestling and IMPACT Knockouts Champion, had reportedly attended WWE Performance Centre tryouts in October 2017 and impressed officials enough to be given a spot in the prestigious tournament. It’s unknown whether the thirteen year veteran has yet been signed to a full-time contract.
In this year’s competition, Rayne will be joined by Priscilla Kelly and Xia Brookside. The latter being the daughter of WWE Performance Centre coach Robbie Brookside.
The second annual Mae Young Classic records on August 8 and August 9 and will be available on the WWE Network throughout September and October. The finals will occur at WWE Evolution on October 28.
WrestleTalk would like to know your thoughts on the latest additions to the Mae Young Classic. Who do you think will triumph? Which of those already announced would you like to see signed full-time? Come and join the conversation on Twitter and Discord today.
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite
- AEW Name Reveals Heartwarming Text From Rey Mysterio After Hall Of Fame Announcement
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39
- This NXT Star Trained Vince McMahon & Steve Austin For WrestleMania Matches
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut