An update has emerged on Kenny Omega’s AEW status, following his recent hiatus.
Following Full Gear in November 2021, Omega left to undergo multiple surgeries and rehab a number of injuries he had picked up over the years.
Per PWInsider, Omega has been backstage at AEW tapings for several weeks. The star is back working behind the scenes, notably producing matches for the women’s division since returning.
While there isn’t a known timetable for a return to the ring, Omega resuming duties backstage is notable as he’s back on the road and surrounded by wrestling, seemingly at least mentally closer to a return.
A previous report noted that things don’t sound promising for Omega to return to action this month, ahead of Double or Nothing on May 29, and AEW x NJPW four weeks later on June 26.
Stay up to date with every injured AEW star, and their expected return dates, at this link.
- AEW X NJPW Live Results Forbidden Door
- Kenny Omega Says Fans Will Be ‘Very Happy’ With Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Report: Several ‘Under The Radar’ AEW Agreements Have Expired
- Huge Spoiler On Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- More AEW Stars Dealing With Injuries?
- Kenny Omega Confirms Cody Rhodes Will Be In The AEW Video Game
- New Ring Of Honor Logo Leaked?
- Orange Cassidy Set To Debut New Licensed Theme Song
- Nature Of Jungle Boy Injury Revealed
- Here’s How Long Tonight’s Forbidden Door Show Will Likely Be