An update has emerged on Kenny Omega’s AEW status, following his recent hiatus.
Following Full Gear in November 2021, Omega left to undergo multiple surgeries and rehab a number of injuries he had picked up over the years.
Per PWInsider, Omega has been backstage at AEW tapings for several weeks. The star is back working behind the scenes, notably producing matches for the women’s division since returning.
While there isn’t a known timetable for a return to the ring, Omega resuming duties backstage is notable as he’s back on the road and surrounded by wrestling, seemingly at least mentally closer to a return.
A previous report noted that things don’t sound promising for Omega to return to action this month, ahead of Double or Nothing on May 29, and AEW x NJPW four weeks later on June 26.
Stay up to date with every injured AEW star, and their expected return dates, at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- Another WWE Star Qualifies For Money In The Bank Ladder Match
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?