There has been a major update regarding Riddle having signed a new WWE contract that overrides his previous deal.
There have recently been conflicting reports as to whether Matt Riddle re-signed with WWE before the end of 2020. The latest news on Riddle’s contract status confirms that he did sign a new contract before he saw 2021 in.
As reported by Fightful Select, not only has Riddle signed a new deal, it overrides/replaces the deal he agreed to in 2018. Instead of the new contract acting as an extension to his previous deal, it is being reported that this completely new contract comes into effect this year, expiring at the end of 2023.
With Riddle signed for almost three more years, he isn’t planning to leave WWE anytime soon.
He has spent the beginning of 2021 feuding with The Hurt Business. On this week’s Raw, he faced Bobby Lashley for the US Championship, but Lashley was disqualified before the match could take off.
With the open-ended conclusion, it seems that Riddle and Lashley haven’t seen the last of one another, with some speculating that Riddle could challenge for the US Championship at Elimination Chamber 2021.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Tony Khan Announces New AEW Dynamite Matches
- WWE Star Set To Compete In Miss Universe Canada
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’
- Top WWE Star To Wrestle Two Matches At WrestleMania?
- More WWE Legends Being Brought In For WrestleMania 39
- Another WWE Talent Makes In-Ring Debut