WWE has officially confirmed that former NXT Women’s Champion Mandy Rose has departed the company.
Rose dropped the NXT Women’s Championship to Roxanne Perez on this week’s episode of NXT, and was released less than 24 hours later.
According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, the title change happening this week was a rushed decision made by NXT booker Shawn Michaels as soon as he found out earlier that day about the type of content Mandy Rose had been posting on her exclusive content page.
It’s worth reiterating a misconception – WWE didn’t fire Rose just because of the fact she had a subscription service, but more so because of the nature of what she was posting on there, which, according to Meltzer, the company believes “way, way, way crossed the line”.
Fightful Select previously reported that Rose had indicated to people in recent months that she did realize what she was posting could get her in trouble with WWE management.
Fightful has since followed up by adding that Rose was said to be “in good spirits” at Tuesday’s show, as well as immediately after her release.
Rose’s reign with the NXT Women’s Title clocked in at 413 days, so it was just four days off being the second-longest NXT Women’s Title reign of all time behind Asuka’s.
Had the title change taken place on either January 10 or February 4 as originally planned, Rose’s reign would have overtaken Shayna Baszler to hit that second place milestone.
WWE has now since confirmed Mandy’s departure from the company, with her officially being removed from the WWE roster page and moved to the alumni section.
The graphics advertising NXT on the site that featured Rose have also seen her be replaced with Perez.
There has also been an update on Mandy’s Toxic Attraction stablemates Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne, and what their future may hold in the company.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Bray Wyatt’s Status For Tonight’s SmackDown Revealed
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- WWE To Bring Back Pay-Per-View Name?
- AEW Match Stopped Due To Injury
- Dustin Rhodes Opens Up About Cody Rhodes
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight
- AEW Star Shares Message For Dominik Mysterio Ahead Of WrestleMania 39