IWGP Women’s Champion Mercedes Mone has provided a new hint about her future, amid speculation about her next move.
After months away from the ring, Mone made her return to wrestling away from WWE, at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 in January.
She made her in-ring comeback a month later at the NJPW Battle in the Valley event, defeating KAIRI to become IWGP Women’s Champion.
There has been a lot of speculation about Mone’s future, following reports that her next title defence is the final match on her current agreement with NJPW/STARDOM.
While some believe that Mone will extend her deal with the Japanese promotions, others have predicted that she will make a highly-anticipated AEW debut.
There’s even a possibility that Mone could return to WWE, if she and her former home can agree on terms.
The CEO has now shared a series of posts to her Instagram story that have many convinced that she plans to remain with NJPW and STARDOM.
Mone shared a photo of a sign for the Tokyo School of Japanese Language with the caption:
‘Time to learn 🇯🇵’
In another post looking over a balcony, Mone indicated that she wants to stay in Japan, writing:
‘Definitely moving full time to 🇯🇵’
Mercedes Mone will defend her IWGP Women’s Championship against Mayu Iwatani at All Star Grand Queendom on April 23.
Check out the latest update on Mone’s agreement with NJPW and STARDOM right here.
Mercedes Monè says she's moving to Japan full time and also planning to learn the Japanese language.
Yeah, she ain't going anywhere. pic.twitter.com/To9ikdbCVe
— Drainmaker 🌧️ 💵 (@DrainBamager) April 18, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Solo Sikoa Hints At Jey Uso’s Potential Bloodline Future
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other