It was announced earlier this week that WWE would be making a series of announcements on WWE Backstage regarding the Royal Rumble. Originally, they were going to reveal the first and second entrants in the women’s Rumble match and the 30th entrant in the men’s Rumble.
Now, WWE has announced a number of changes to these plans. Instead, the first two entrants in the men’s Rumble will be revealed. Additionally, Natalya and Tamina will compete in a singles match to become the 30th entrant in the women’s match. Their match will be airing on WWE Backstage.
— WWE (@WWE) January 30, 2021
It would appear that these changes mean WWE will not be revealing the 30th entrant in the men’s match. This is likely a positive change as the feedback to the initial announcement was not good.
The Royal Rumble event will be taking place this Sunday, January 31, 2021, with WWE Backstage airing the night before.
- Former WWE Wrestler Corroborates Rita Chatterton’s Rape Allegation Against Vince McMahon
- WWE Raw Live Results – June 27, 2022
- Chris Jericho, Bryan Danielson & Paul Wight Appear On WWE Raw
- Backstage Details On AEW Stars Appearing On Raw, Jon Moxley Injury Update, Vince McMahon Allegations – Audio News Bulletin – June 28, 2022
- Stipulation Added To Kevin Owens WWE Raw Match
- John Cena Granted Make-A-Wish Foundation Wishes Before WWE Raw
- Backstage Reaction To Upcoming John Cena WWE Return
- Kazuchika Okada Reveals Hope For Japanese Crowds Following Forbidden Door
- Bianca Belair Reveals Scary Situation With A Fan From Recent WWE Show
- Dax Harwood Explains His Support For Sasha Banks Amid WWE Walk Out Drama