A New Japan Pro-Wrestling (NJPW) star has said that his five years spent in WWE were ‘the most frustating days of his life’ in a recent interview.
“I’ve felt in my heart that the five years I spent in WWE were the most frustrating days of my life. I’ve talked about this, but I’ll always remember the humiliation in America. Being here reminds me of that regret. And when you’re not good, you tell yourself that. That is what inspires me.
“It may have been possible [in WWE] to satisfy myself as I was in the ‘world’s largest organization’. But as a wrestler, I now prioritize what I want to do. I can do what I want and where I want to now.”
As a result of winning the New Japan Cup 2020, KENTA now has a contract for a match against Jon Moxley for the IWGP United States Championship.
He also discussed facing Moxley for NJPW, saying:
“I said many times that I’m going to prove that I’m the best pro wrestler in this business. That’s why I’m here. I’ve had ridiculous past feelings here in America, and I want to get rid of that humiliation. That’s why this tournament is a great opportunity for me.
“And I want to get the belt from Moxley. Honestly, a few years ago, Moxley and I were at different levels. But I don’t feel like that now.
“Life is funny. I think no one thought Moxley would do a match with me a few years ago. But if I win this tournament, it could come true. This is the best chance. I’ll shut up those who looked down on me. That is one of my motivations.”
- AEW Star Has Very Awkward Encounter With CM Punk T-Shirt
- Report: Popular AEW Star ‘Trying To Get Fired’
- WWE Announces New Commentary Teams For Raw, SmackDown & NXT
- WWE Raw Name Gone From WWE
- Tony Khan Reveals Truth About Why He Takes Shots At WWE
- Tony Khan Spoke To WWE Management After Infamous Promo
- Former WWE Tough Enough Winner Sara Lee Passes Away
- Spoiler On Suspended AEW Star’s Return
- Spoiler On Return Set For WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Addresses WWE Signing AEW Dark Talent