WWE Hall of Famer Rick Steiner found himself in a lot of hot water after a recent controversy at WrestleCon back in April.
IMPACT Wrestling star Gisele Shaw took to Twitter shortly after the event, noting that Steiner had shouted transphobic comments towards her at the event.
Shaw’s comments were corroborated by several witnesses, as well as Steiner confirming the behaviour to multiple people that spoke to Fightful since the event.
Steiner was banned from the event after the incident, with Scott being the only person at the ‘Steiner Brothers’ booth the following day.
Steiner’s son Bron Breakker currently wrestles for NXT, with some people wondering how, if at all, Rick’s comments would affect his standing in the company.
Bron recently spoke to USA Today, where he noted that his father’s comments do not reflect him.
Fightful Select (subscription required) is reporting that there is no heat at all from WWE towards Breakker, but that the incident has eliminated the chance of Rick Steiner being used by the company for ‘quite some time’.
The WWE sources that Fightful spoke to on the matter said that there was no consideration in holding Breakker responsible for his father’s actions, and that Bron has had no character issues whatsoever since he joined the company in February 2021.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- WWE Star ‘Miraculously’ Recovers From Injury
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Tiffany Stratton Reveals Why WWE Won’t Allow Her To Use ‘Barbie’ Nickname
- Tony Khan Doubles Down On WrestleDream 2023 Marking A ‘New Era In AEW’