Another women’s championship is on it’s way to the National Wrestling Alliance.
Per PWInsider, the NWA will officially announce on this week’s NWA Powerrr that they will be instituting a Women’s Television Championship into the company. The announcement is set to be made by Madusa, with the belt currently being designed by Billy Corgan and Dave Millican.
As of now, there is no timetable on when the title will be introduced into storylines, but it could be as soon as the NWA 74 pay-per-view next month, with talk of the belt being used as a vehicle to push Allysin Kay.
The men’s TV Championship is currently held by Tyrus, and has a ‘lucky seven’ rule attached, where if the champion makes seven successful title defenses, he can relinquish the title in exchange for an NWA Worlds Championship match.
Tyrus is now set to challenge Trevor Murdoch for the NWA Worlds Championship at NWA 74 next month, with the change reportedly coming due to huge backstage heat on Nick Aldis.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss