Hot on the heels of Rey Mysterio’s shocking announcement shortly after returning at WWE Royal Rumble 2018 that he was going to appear at NJPW’s Long Beach, CA show in two weeks, the masked luchador legend suffered a bicep injury.
At this time it is highly doubtful that the man with a gazillion masks, tattoos and a recently rebuilt physique will be able to participate in the NJPW show, at least according to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer.
Rumors have been circulating that Mysterio may in fact appear at WWE WrestleMania 34 instead. Given his estimated time-frame for a full recovery from injury, WrestleMania 34 would certainly seem a more likely event for his return, though at this stage there is no deal in place between the two parties.
- Former WWE Star Banned From Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- Former WWE Star Alleges Incident ‘Worse’ Than Recent Vince McMahon Lawsuit
- Cody Rhodes Breaks Silence After Bloodline Attack On WWE Raw
- Cara Pipia Claims Ashley Massaro Was ‘Threatened’ To Keep Quiet About Alleged Rape, Vince McMahon & Stephanie McMahon Named
- ‘Massive Issue’ Caused By New Policy For Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone AEW Debut Show
- WWE Star Seemingly Turning Heel
- Untelevised Footage Of CM Punk Comments After WWE Raw Went Off Air
- WWE Star Confirms Torn ACL Injury
- Dominik Mysterio Addresses Claim WWE Crowd Reaction Is Fake
- WWE Star Not Seen For Six Months Teases Feud With Gunther