This past Monday on WWE Raw (June 20), WWE Raw Women’s Champion Bianca Belair announced Rhea Ripley, who she was supposed to face at Money in the Bank on July 2, was not medically cleared to compete, and she will now be facing Carmella, after ‘Mella won a fatal-5-way match to become the new number one contender.
Rhea tweeted on Tuesday to say that she would be back soon, and then in response to a fan who said she didn’t look injured, claimed they couldn’t see an injury because it was a “brain injury”.
We don’t know exactly what she meant by this, and we don’t want to speculate as to the nature of the injury, but thankfully it sounds like she won’t be out for too long.
While discussing the injury on the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted he’s heard the injury isn’t believed to be too serious, and that she should be able to return in the relatively near future.
Ripley has been in the wars of late, having also received unwanted dental care during a recent match, with several teeth being knocked out. You may have noticed she was wearing dental braces last week.
You can keep track of all WWE injuries using our tracker, right here.
- Major WWE Target To Become Free Agent In January 2024
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- WWE Creative Plans Changed For Two Stars Due To ‘Tremendous Support’ Backstage
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- Braun Strowman WWE Status Update After Serious Neck Surgery
- WWE Star Makes In-Ring Return After Reported Concussion
- Absent WWE Star Has First Match In Several Months
- Video Footage Of Fan Jumping Barricade To Confront WWE Star At Untelevised Event
- Big Update On WWE 2K24 Release Plans
- WWE Star Reacts To Fan Jumping Barricade At Live Event