For many weeks, WWE fans were excited to see Seth Rollins square off against Riddle at SummerSlam.
However, shortly before the show, it was announced Riddle had suffered an injury, and would therefore not be medically cleared to compete.
Interestingly, it was reported soon after that Riddle hadn’t sustained any kind of injury, and that the whole thing was part of whatever story WWE was trying to tell between the two men.
According to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Riddle’s brief spell out of the ring selling the ‘injury’ will likely come to an end this weekend, as he is expected back at WWE live events this weekend.
Dave Meltzer wrote:
Riddle is expected back at the house shows this weekend to face Rollins.
It seems the story WWE is trying to tell with Rollins is that he feels like management is costing him big matches at WWE’s biggest shows, so we’ll have to see how the story continues with Riddle returning imminently.
It’s been reported that the Riddle vs Rollins match is scheduled for WWE Clash at the Castle in Cardiff, Wales on September 3.
Riddle and Rollins did of course appear and brawl at SummerSlam, but it wasn’t a sanctioned match because of the storyline that Riddle wasn’t medically cleared.
If you’d like to keep up to date with all the real injuries in WWE, you can do so by using our tracker, right here.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Matt Riddle Next Move After WWE Release Revealed?
- Another Big Sign WWE Thinks Highly Of LA Knight
- WWE Star Reacts To Tag Team Partner Being Released
- Ex-WWE Star To Make In-Ring Return After Five Years Away
- Exciting Prospect Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- Update On Jey Uso’s WWE Status Following Raw Switch
- Mandy Rose Now Officially A Free Agent, Reveals Likelihood Of Returning To Wrestling
- Injured WWE Star Returning To In-Ring Training Soon
- AEW Star Addresses Dolph Ziggler Being Released By WWE
- Brandi Rhodes Discusses WWE Return Talks & Performance Center Training