Dolph Ziggler has apparently agreed to a new deal with WWE, but only after nearly walking away completely from the company.
This rumor comes from The Locker Room podcast, where the host – independent wrestler Bin ‘The Hacker’ Hamin – claimed:
“Here’s the inside scoop that I’ve kinda been told. After Ziggler laid down the title and went away for 30 days, silently came back as #30 in the Rumble, and then tossed out kinda useless. He was already kinda two feet out the door, and it was at the 11th hour that they made him another offer he can’t refuse.
“Big money, and the fact that, now that he’ll stay, he’s willing to put anybody over, do jobs – whatever, on TV, and he can leave after his matches, he doesn’t need to stick around the arena, and he can take outside projects as long as they don’t conflict with his schedule. Kinda the sweetheart deal, you know, I’m willing to stay a little bit longer because you met my price.”
The ‘outside projects’ referenced are likely Ziggler’s stand-up comedy in his spare time. This, of course, should be taken with a large grain of salt, as this podcast isn’t well known for breaking news.
- WWE In Talks With Potential Big Signing
- Seth Rollins Opens Up On Issues With CM Punk & Whether He’d Work With Him
- WWE Debuting New Show Update
- AEW Star Reacts To Claims He’s Been Fined For His Conduct
- Popular Star Discussed For WWE Main Roster Call-Up
- Randy Orton Tag Team Match Announced For WWE SmackDown
- Top WWE Star Considering ‘A Number Of Things’ Ahead Of Contract Expiring
- Tony Khan Criticized Backstage Over ‘Shock’ AEW Firing
- WWE ‘Very High’ On Rising Star’s Progress
- Former WWE Champion Spotted Backstage At SmackDown