UPDATE: WWE has now issued an official statement on the situation, which you can read at this link.
The announced main event was to see Becky Lynch, Asuka, Nikki ASH, Doudrop, Sasha Banks and Naomi face off in a six pack challenge, with the winner earning a Raw Women’s Championship opportunity against Bianca Belair at Hell In A Cell.
However, early into the show, Becky Lynch spoke to Adam Pearce, telling him that Sasha and Naomi had gone home, and the main event was changed to simply Becky Lynch vs Asuka.
Per PWInsider, Sasha and Naomi walking out was not an angle, as the word making the rounds backstage at the taping is that Sasha took issue with some of the planned creative for the original main event.
Banks reportedly had a meeting with Vince McMahon, and the belief is that when McMahon didn’t choose to change direction on the plans, Banks made the decision to leave the taping, with Naomi leaving with Banks.
In an update from Fightful Select (subscription required), Naomi was the one originally planned to win the match.
- Kenny Omega Says Fans Will Be ‘Very Happy’ With Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Kenny Omega Confirms Cody Rhodes Will Be In The AEW Video Game
- Orange Cassidy Set To Debut New Licensed Theme Song
- Here’s How Long Tonight’s Forbidden Door Show Will Likely Be
- New Ring Of Honor Logo Leaked?
- More AEW Stars Dealing With Injuries?
- Hiromu Takahashi Comments On Missing Forbidden Door
- Toru Yano In Chicago Ahead Of Forbidden Door
- Fred Rosser Wins NJPW STRONG Openweight Championship
- New NXT UK Tag Team Champions Set For NXT 2.0