Before being acquired by Tony Khan, ROH women’s division was on fire and now scrapped plans for additional titles have been revealed.
In a new interview about Women’s Wrestling Army, co-founder of the promotion and integral backstage figure in ROH, Bobby Cruise let it slip that there was a planned addition to the women’s division in mind as a goal for 2022.
Speaking to Busted Open Radio, Bobby Cruise spoke out about building the women’s division in Ring of Honor and an original goal for 2022 to introduce a new championship.
Speaking about his current promotion, Women’s Wrestling Army, which he founded alongside another ROH alum, Maria Kannelis, introducing championship titles, Cruise said:
“We will get there, we are open to working with other promotions. We’ve already announced for the June 26 show, in conjunction with Warrior (Wrestling), Thunder Rosa’s promotion, Mission Pro, Holidead is their champion and she will be defending the title against Janai Kai We had another title defense we did on our first show. We’d love to work with other promotions and have titles. We want to establish our talent.
We had a great following with our Ring of Honor women’s division in 2021. We also know that there are a lot of people that may check out Women’s Wrestling Army that never saw any of that. We feel we’re almost starting over and re-introducing the talent. We figure that’s going to take a while and then we will get into titles. I can already think about doing a women’s champion and women’s tag team champions, which we had talked about with Ring of Honor if we had the time in 2022, we would have done that.”
Transcription via Fightful
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- Released WWE Star Refusing To Give ‘Championship’ Back