Tay Melo has addressed her sudden AEW name change.
Name changes do not have quite as often in All Elite Wrestling as they do in WWE, so when Tay Conti became Tay Melo, many fans wondered the reason why.
Speaking with Denise Salcedo, the AEW star addressed her recent sudden name change.
On the reasoning for the change, she said:
“Short term I just changed my last, which is like a restart for me. Everybody knows that was my ex’s last name. I got married but I never really had a wedding. I never had a wedding. I had pictures in Brazil because I was modeling. So I just took some pictures back in Brazil with my ex because the model that I was supposed to do the photoshoot with got sick. I have never had a wedding before… I never changed my name legally, I just put his name on my work name, so I was like ‘well it doesn’t make sense to have his name, I gotta change it,’ so I put my real last name.”
Tay Melo recently got married to fellow AEW star Sammy Guevara ahead of her name change.
The duo are the current AAA Mixed Tag Team Champions and defeated Ortiz and Ruby Soho on the August 26 edition of AEW Rampage.
Keep track of Tay Melo’s win-loss record in 2022 (for televised matches) at this link.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Cody Rhodes Drives Big Wedge Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa?
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- Multiple AEW Reference On WWE Raw Including Scathing Line From Roman Reigns