The Young Bucks have revealed the meaning behind one of their Twitter bios and their current relationship with Cody Rhodes.
Speaking with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated, Matt and Nick Jackson explained their Twitter bio following Cody’s first tweet after his WWE return.
Matt Jackson said:
“That Twitter bio was actually dedicated to cynical wrestling fans who’ve always discredited us and shaped a narrative early on that we weren’t important to the launch of AEW. So they ran with a story that made more sense to them. We talk to Cody regularly, and hope nothing but the best for him.”
Following his WWE return at WrestleMania 38, Cody Rhodes tweeted the following:
Wrestling is a love story
Matt and Nick Jackson changed their Twitter bio to read:
“The story of a couple of self-made SoCal kids who came from nothing & built a gigantic movement was never going to be romantic enough for you.”
As previously mentioned, Cody Rhodes has had some kind words about his time with AEW and revealed why he left in February.
Quotes via Fightful
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39
- AEW Name Reveals Heartwarming Text From Rey Mysterio After Hall Of Fame Announcement
- This NXT Star Trained Vince McMahon & Steve Austin For WrestleMania Matches
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut