Adam Cole isn’t all that scary in most senses of the word, in fact he seems like a lovely man, but AEW President has admitted that his newly signed star scared him a lot when NXT and AEW battled against each other in the Wednesday Night Wars.
Speaking in the All Out post-show media scrum, Tony Khan discussed signing Adam Cole to AEW, and what it was like coming up against an NXT show featuring Cole every week.
“I’d just like to say a statement, which is that, the Wednesday Night War is over and in the demo, I believe, out of 75 episodes, we went 74-1. [Adam Cole] is the one in 74-1. When there was a Wednesday Night War, this is the man that used to strike fear into my heart every Wednesday. This guy scared the s**t out of me every Wednesday. There is nobody I would rather have here and it means the world that he came.”
The one show NXT won the demographic for was headlined by Shayna Baszler vs. Rhea Ripley for the NXT Women’s Championship.
It’s AEW Dynamite tonight, so we could well be seeing more of Cole, and from Daniel Bryan and Ruby Soho, both of whom also debuted for AEW at All Out.
Credit to Fightful for the transcription.
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Big E Reacts To WWE Releasing Dolph Ziggler
- Dolph Ziggler Released By WWE
- Maximum Male Models React To Being Released By WWE
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- Released WWE Stars Reveal Backstage Details About Vince McMahon
- AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam Draws Highest Viewership Since February, Highest Demo Rating Since September 2022