As Triple H continues to reshape the WWE roster, several stars from the NXT brand have been slated for imminent call ups to the main roster, which we saw with Solo Sikoa aiding Roman Reigns in the main event of Clash at the Castle last weekend.
One of the more surprising call ups on the show was that of Giovanni Vinci (Fabian Aichner), who joined up with Ludwig Kaiser and Intercontinental Champion Gunther to reform their ‘Imperium’ group on the main roster.
Vinci was an original member of the group in NXT UK and later NXT 2.0, but remained in NXT and was repackaged, while Gunther and Ludwig Kaiser moved up to SmackDown as a duo.
Per PWInsider, the appearance of Vinci was not a one time deal in Cardiff, as he and Ludwig Kaiser. as ‘Imperium’ are currently listed as a tag team on the SmackDown roster.
Kaiser had previously been wrestling singles matches by Gunther’s side on the show, so it seems Triple H will be reverting back to the group’s NXT presentation, with Gunther as a singles star and Vinci and Kaiser as a tag team.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Antonio Inoki Passes Away Aged 79
- White Rabbit Clues Continue On WWE SmackDown
- Wrestling World Reacts To Passing Of Antonio Inoki
- Kevin Dunn Trends On Twitter As Fans React To Production Botch
- Andrade El Idolo AEW Career At Stake Next Week Live On AEW Rampage
- Tension Backstage At WWE SmackDown
- WWE SmackDown Season Premiere Date Announced
- Drew McIntyre Throws Shade At Logan Paul
- Wrestling Legend Calls Sami Zayn ‘Top Performer In This Entire Industry’
- WWE Raw Stars Make Surprise Appearances On SmackDown