A new report has provided an unexpected update on Matt Riddle’s WWE return.
On Sunday, September 10, Riddle publicly alleged on social media that he had been sexually assaulted by a police officer at the airport.
Reports then emerged that an investigation was prompted by the allegation, but also that Riddle had been called in as being “disorderly” whilst deplaning.
Riddle was absent from the September 11 episode of Raw, and missed this weekend’s live events as well.
However, his absence was reportedly due to “a double ear infection and bronchitis” rather than because of the incident, according to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer.
In a new update, PWInsider reports that while Matt Riddle had been expected back for tonight’s September 18 edition of WWE Raw, he has not been seen backstage as of 4 p.m. Eastern.
Riddle’s tag team partner Drew McIntyre will compete on tonight’s broadcast when he faces Jimmy Uso in singles action.
WrestleTalk will provide further updates on Matt Riddle’s status when they become available.
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Trick Williams Breaks Silence After Title Loss To Dominik Mysterio
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Winning Back The NXT North American Championship
- Adam Copeland (Edge) Reveals WWE Backstage Reaction To AEW Switch
- WWE Star Says Jade Cargill Would Be A Good Fit For His Faction
- VIDEO: Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) Immediate Backstage Reaction To AEW Debut
- Recent WWE Surprise Was A ‘Late Creative Decision’
- SmackDown Star Shares Cryptic Message Amid WWE Absence