One of the scarier moments from last night’s episode of AEW Dynamite was the injury to Alex Reynolds. During the main event, it appeared Reynolds was knocked out. The match continued on with him lying unconscious in the ring, which had resulted in some harsh criticisms against the referee for not protecting the talent.
Now, we have an update on his condition. PWInsider is currently reporting that while it was a scary situation, Reynolds is okay. He had his bell rung but he was okay by the time the show went off the air and had no trouble backstage.
Listen, I understand there’s a lot of moving parts and it’s live TV etc, but there’s no ways Alex Reynolds should have been able to lay out cold in the ring for that long. pic.twitter.com/2KrNqaBlqZ
— Alex McCarthy (@AlexM_talkSPORT) October 22, 2020
The injury appears to occur when Private Party hit him with the Hardy Boyz leg drop-splash combo. From there The Blade had to drag Reynolds’ body to the corner to tag in and it was clear Reynolds was not assisting to make it happen.
This is not the first time AEW has faced criticism after a star was injured. The biggest example of this was allowing Matt Hardy to continue wrestling at All Out after hitting his head on the concrete floor. Accidents happen but it is the job of the officials and the doctors to keep talent as safe as possible.
What did you think of the AEW Dynamite main event? Let us know on Twitter!
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- WWE Main Roster Star Causes Major Title Change At NXT Stand & Deliver
- WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event Revealed
- Big News On What Vince McMahon Was Doing At WrestleMania 39
- Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Capture Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship
- Big Spoiler On Plans For Rey Mysterio Vs. Dominik Mysterio At WrestleMania 39
- Confirmation On Bobby Lashley’s WrestleMania 39 Status?
- Bad Bunny Gets Involved In Match At WrestleMania 39
- Match Order For WrestleMania 39 Night One Revealed