In case somehow you were not aware yet, WALTER has a new NXT name. He is now going by the name ‘Gunther’, which is shortened from the previously trademarked ‘Gunther Stark’.
The name change has sparked outrage from fans, both due to the connection with the original trademarked name and Nazi Germany, and fans who just don’t want to refer to WALTER by any other name.
WWE legend Virgil took to Twitter, sharing a picture he took with WALTER, before telling him he needs to ‘grow a pair’ regarding the new name.
Walter you need to grow a pair. Seriously you should be embarrassed. Even I who was humiliated as a slave I should have fought harder but this is today. You should know better man. I wish I charged you more for this pic when you begged me for it in the first place.
WWE has since abandoned the trademark filing for the ‘Gunther Stark’ name following the fan blowback.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WWE Future After Pregnancy Announcement
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins