In case somehow you were not aware yet, WALTER has a new NXT name. He is now going by the name ‘Gunther’, which is shortened from the previously trademarked ‘Gunther Stark’.
The name change has sparked outrage from fans, both due to the connection with the original trademarked name and Nazi Germany, and fans who just don’t want to refer to WALTER by any other name.
WWE legend Virgil took to Twitter, sharing a picture he took with WALTER, before telling him he needs to ‘grow a pair’ regarding the new name.
Walter you need to grow a pair. Seriously you should be embarrassed. Even I who was humiliated as a slave I should have fought harder but this is today. You should know better man. I wish I charged you more for this pic when you begged me for it in the first place.
WWE has since abandoned the trademark filing for the ‘Gunther Stark’ name following the fan blowback.
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 18, 2022
- Bryan Danielson AEW Rampage Injury A Work?
- Ember Moon Seemingly Ruled Out As AEW Joker
- Update On Sasha Banks WWE Backstage Heat
- Huge Announcement Regarding Roman Reigns WWE Future
- Johnny Elite Debuts On AEW Dynamite In Owen Cup
- Major Kenny Omega AEW Update
- Fans Excited As AJ Lee Potentially Teases In-Ring Return
- AEW Rampage Spoilers As Another Former WWE Star Debuts
- Chris Jericho & William Regal Set Up Huge Match For AEW Double Or Nothing