More details have emerged on plans William Regal’s WWE return, following confirmation of his AEW departure.
During the December 7 call ahead of ROH Final Battle, Tony Khan stated that Regal wanted to return to WWE to work alongside his son, Charlie Dempsey.
As previously reported, Regal will be returning to WWE in a backstage role.
After recent reports that Regal will return to the company in the new year, PWInsider now reports that Regal will start back with WWE in the first week of 2023.
Regal made his final AEW appearance on the December 7 edition of Dynamite in a promo segment. PWInsider notes that this was pre-taped as he had a trip to Great Britain planned.
The wrestling veteran started with AEW in March, making his debut at the Revolution pay-per-view.
Regal has now shared a farewell message for the members of the Blackpool Combat Club, which you can read right here.
Tony Khan has stated that the terms of Regal’s release prevent him from appearing for WWE as an onscreen character upon his return to the company.
For Shawn Michaels’ comments on William Regal from the December 8 NXT call, click here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Intense Dispute As WWE Star Calls Another’s Gimmick ‘Stale’ After Being Accused Of Copying Catchphrase
- Photo: Matt Riddle Shows Off New Look Amid WWE Return Rumors
- WWE Star Confirms Departure From The Company?
- WWE Star Urges Fans To Stop Complaining, Says He’s ‘Content’ With ‘Silly’ Gimmick
- Real Reason For ‘Last Minute’ Change To Ronda Rousey Title Plans
- Top WWE Raw Star To Make NXT Return On February 7 Episode
- Top Star Compares WWE To Succession TV Series
- Backstage Reaction To AEW House Shows
- Booker T Calls Current Star’s Performance “Oscar-Worthy”
- PHOTO: Top AEW Star Breaks Character To Cosplay As Danhausen On Jericho Cruise