It was reported earlier this week that current WWE star Titus O’Neil would be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. He will reportedly be this year’s recipient of the Warrior Award.
Now, Fightful Select (subscription required) are reporting the reason why he was chosen to be inducted. More specifically, why he was being inducted instead of the late Shad Gaspard.
The report states that O’Neil was chosen to be inducted for the 2020 ceremony before it was postponed. It was also noted in the original report that O’Neil was being inducted in Tampa where he has been charitable his whole life. This decision came prior to Gaspard’s passing last May.
Titus O’Neil has not wrestled since November of 2020. During his most recent match with WWE he lost to current WWE Champion Bobby Lashley.
The WWE Hall of Fame ceremony was taped earlier this week. It will air on April 6, 2021.
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- Roman Reigns Status For WWE Extreme Rules Revealed
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Another WWE Star Expected To Get Old Name Back
- Spoiler For Planned Return On August 12 SmackDown
- Carmelo Hayes Teases Joining Returning Faction On SmackDown
- Update On Cody Rhodes Surgery & WWE Absence
- Report: ‘A Lot Of Uneasiness’ Backstage In NXT UK
- Dave Meltzer Awards Latest 5.5 Star Match
- Drew McIntyre Teases Huge Change For Clash At The Castle