It was reported earlier this week that current WWE star Titus O’Neil would be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. He will reportedly be this year’s recipient of the Warrior Award.
Now, Fightful Select (subscription required) are reporting the reason why he was chosen to be inducted. More specifically, why he was being inducted instead of the late Shad Gaspard.
The report states that O’Neil was chosen to be inducted for the 2020 ceremony before it was postponed. It was also noted in the original report that O’Neil was being inducted in Tampa where he has been charitable his whole life. This decision came prior to Gaspard’s passing last May.
Titus O’Neil has not wrestled since November of 2020. During his most recent match with WWE he lost to current WWE Champion Bobby Lashley.
The WWE Hall of Fame ceremony was taped earlier this week. It will air on April 6, 2021.
- WWE Star Bayley’s Hilarious Reaction To ‘Bayley Is Hot’ Fan Sign
- WWE Star Unmasks & Swaps With Fan
- AEW Star Sends Heartfelt Message To WWE’s Nikki Cross
- CM Punk’s First Ever WWE Opponent Recalls Going Off Script In Match
- AEW Star Set For First Singles Match In Over Five Months
- Dominik Mysterio Shares Rare Heartwarming Moment With Fan At WWE Event
- New Feud For AEW Championship Revealed
- AEW Star Wears Protective Apparatus For First Match After Facial Injury
- AEW Star Dealing With Double Vision Issues
- Becky Lynch Reacts To Hilarious WWE & Fortnite Mash-Up