Former IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Will Ospreay has confirmed that his contract with NJPW expires next year.
With Ospreay currently one of NJPW’s most popular stars, it has been speculated that several promotions would be interested in signing him if he left the Japanese company.
Speaking with DAZN, Ospreay revealed that his current NJPW deal is set to expire in February 2024.
Anticipating interest, Ospreay said:
“My contract with New Japan is up next February so from that point who’s not gonna want this kid who’s dedicated to being a hard worker and wanting to put on the best quality of matches.”
Jay White was the last major NJPW exit, with the former IWGP World Heavyweight Champion leaving the company in February, and signing with AEW in April.
Ospreay has appeared for AEW on several occasions, most recently wrestling for the company in August 2022, as part of the AEW Trios Title tournament.
The British star recently expressed interest in wrestling at the AEW All In London show set to emanate from Wembley Stadium this August.
For Ospreay’s comments on the upcoming show click here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- AEW Star Makes Surprise AAA Appearance, Match Set For TripleMania XXXI
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan