AEW star William Regal has revealed a crazy character change that was pitched during his time with WWE.
On the first edition of the Gentleman Villain podcast, Regal said that one member of WWE creative pitched to make him an American character.
“I remember once when one of the creative people in WWE said to me, ‘Can you do an American accent?’ It was his idea and only his idea. He didn’t last long there.”
“His idea was to change the character of me to make me American. I was like, ‘That doesn’t make sense whatsoever.’ It was one of the few times that I actually said no to anything.”
Regal was released from WWE earlier this year before signing with AEW where he currently manages the Blackpool Combat Club of Jon Moxley, Bryan Danielson and Wheeler Yuta.
Stay up to date with the AEW roster’s win-loss record (for televised matches) at this link.
Quotes via Wrestlingnews.co
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Multiple Stars Left ‘Frustrated’ By Current WWE Merch
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023