It was recently revealed that the STARDOM High Speed Championship was designed by a current member of the WWE roster.
The title’s origins stem back to NEO Japan Ladies Pro-Wrestling in 2009 with the first holder being Natsuki Taiyo.
STARDOM would acquire the rights to the championship in November 2010 with Taiyo continuing her championship reign.
Taiyo would have the most reigns and combined days as champion, holding the title four times and for a total of 1,203 days.
Former High Speed Champion AZM recently revealed that WWE’s Asuka designed the belt.
Speaking on StarVerse in a clip that would be shared on Twitter, AZM said:
“It is okay to say this?
“Who designed the High Speed belt?
“WWE’s Asuka-san designed the belt.
“Asuka-san of the world.”
Although Asuka designed the belt, she wouldn’t be one of its champions.
AZM held the title on two occasions for 678 days in total.
WWE’s Io Shirai was also a former High Speed Champion.
— HD Subs (@HDSubss) July 14, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- WWE Legend Shares Heartfelt Message For Dolph Ziggler After Release
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release
- AEW’s Saraya Says Ring Gear Collection Has Gone Missing
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE