WWE will hold a tryout for college athletes during WrestleMania week, ahead of the April 2-3 event.
Per The Athletic and confirmed by WWE, more than 50 current and recently graduated college athletes are expected to attend the multi-day tryout, set to take place across March 30-April 1 at The Ford Center at The Star, home of the Dallas Cowboys headquarters and practice facility.
Per the report, athletes will go through athletic evaluations, in-ring technical sessions, interviews and promo evaluations. It was noted that not much actual wrestling will take place during the tryout.
WWE notably changed their recruitment strategy last year, moving away from experienced in-ring veterans in favour of bigger, younger athletes. The company also launched a ‘Next In Line’ NIL collegiate athletes program as another avenue of recruitment.
WWE is anticipating the in-ring debut of Olympic gold medallist Gable Steveson, who signed an exclusive agreement with the company in September 2021.
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- The Miz Comments On Dolph Ziggler WWE Release
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- WWE Tag Team Returns On SmackDown