It looks like the WWE SmackDown roster has just become a little bit bigger, as WWE appears to have confirmed two NXT call-ups in the form of Solo Sikoa and Von Wagner.
After last Friday’s (July 15) episode of SmackDown, WWE filmed a backstage fight between Sikoa and Wagner, before teasing the fight would be aired on tomorrow’s (July 19) episode of NXT 2.0.
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) July 18, 2022
Several trusted sources, including Sean Ross Sapp have reported Sikoa is in line for a call-up, with Louis Dangoor of GiveMeSport noting on Twitter that Sikoa will almost certainly be a main roster star by SummerSlam on July 30.
Sikoa is the real-life brother of Jimmy and Jey Uso, but Dangoor noted the decision has not been made as to whether he will align with them if and when he is called up.
The fact that the fight took place at the same arena as SmackDown could very well suggest the plan is for both men to leave NXT behind.
- FTR Call Out Tony Khan To Book Them At NJPW Show
- UFC Hall Of Famer Daniel Cormier To Serve As Special Guest Referee At WWE Extreme Rules
- AEW Star Continues To Tease Departure On Social Media
- Big E Appears On FOX’s Big Noon Kickoff Show
- Shawn Michaels Explains Benefits Of Infusing NXT And NXT UK Rosters
- Update On Triple H Changing GUNTHER’s Ring Name
- Sheamus Details Drunken, Irish Origins Of WWE Stipulation To Gunther
- WWE Files Trademark In Relation To NIL Program
- Ricky Steamboat Announces In-Ring Return With FTR
- Sami Zayn Sends A Message Of Understanding To Jey Uso