Eric Bischoff has stated that he has a lot of respect for former WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon regarding business.
Speaking with Steve Fall on Ten Count, The former WCW SVP noted that he was curious about WWE stock prices with the new WWE management team, following Vince McMahon’s departure.
Noting that people would always bring up Vince McMahon’s age during his time running the company, Bischoff said:
“For years, every time somebody in the financial markets talked about WWE and its stock – successful as it was – the one thing everybody talked about was Vince McMahon and his age.”
Praising Vince McMahon for building “an infrastructure around him”, Bischoff said:
“I respect him more now, today, from a business perspective, I want to make that clear. From a business perspective, I respect him more now than I ever have.”
Bischoff made sure to stress that his respect for Vince McMahon is entirely business-related.
Vince McMahon announced his retirement on July 22, amid an investigation into ‘hush pact’ allegations made public by the Wall Street Journal. For an update on McMahon following his WWE departure, click here.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Details Of Another AEW Backstage Altercation Revealed
- Report: WWE Was Paid An Insane Sum For Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match
- Independent Promotion Announces Working Relationship With WWE
- Report Claims WWE Allowing NXT Stars To Work Select Independents
- Here’s When Nick Khan Expects WWE Sale To Happen
- Cody Rhodes On His Wrestling ‘Cardinal Sin’ At WWE Royal Rumble
- Name Change For WWE Star, Returns To NXT At Vengeance Day
- WWE Name Believes Rising Star Will Be Universal Champion One Day
- Kyle O’Reilly Update Following Post-Surgical Issue
- VIDEO: What Went Down With Bray Wyatt Following WWE SmackDown