WWE has announced an injury to Edge, following an attack at the hands of the Judgment Day on WWE Raw.
During the September 12 show, Edge faced off against Dominik Mysterio in singles action. The bout was called after the Judgment Day ambushed Edge, before Finn Balor, Rhea Ripley, Damian Priest and Dominik Mysterio brutalised Edge’s leg with a chair.
A report indicated that this spot was likely to write Edge off of TV, as the Rated-R Superstar’s current contract is only for a limited number of dates.
On WWE The Bump, it was announced that Edge has been diagnosed with a grade 2 MCL sprain.
Edge only recently made his return from the beatdown he received at the hands of the Judgment Day in June, making a surprise appearance at SummerSlam in late-July.
The Hall of Famer teamed with Rey Mysterio to defeat Finn Balor and Damian Priest at Clash At The Castle on September 3, before Dominik Mysterio turned on the duo.
You can view a list of WWE stars out of action due to injuries right here.
— WWE (@WWE) September 14, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite & Star Sent Home
- Top Free Agent Bandido Signs With AEW
- Freddie Prinze Jr Confirms He Made Bray Wyatt An Offer For Wrestling Promotion
- Big Match Scrapped From October 7 AEW Rampage
- Update On Investigation Into AEW All Out Backstage Fight
- Wrestling World Reacts To Alleged Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite
- Saraya Gets Physical For First Time In Four Years On AEW Dynamite
- Tony Khan Reveals Truth About Why He Takes Shots At WWE
- Tony Khan Discusses The Acclaimed & National Scissoring Day
- Former WWE Star Announced For Mayweather Vs. Deji Undercard