Based on the positive reaction that Rey Mysterio received during the 2018 Royal Rumble match, and his solid performance, The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that WWE is open to using Mysterio more in the future.
The Observer notes that a full-time schedule is not likely, given Mysterio’s age and his preference to work more limited dates.
At one point, Impact Wrestling was in negotiations to have Mysterio work with Alberto El Patron at their April 22 Redemption pay-per-view, but a deal couldn’t be struck before the last set of tapings. It was also noted that Mysterio wasn’t free to appear on WWE television until mid-January, due to his existing contract with Lucha Underground. The Observer reports that Mysterio made $1 million in 2016 while working for Lucha Underground.
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Trick Williams Breaks Silence After Title Loss To Dominik Mysterio
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Adam Copeland (Edge) Reveals WWE Backstage Reaction To AEW Switch
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Winning Back The NXT North American Championship
- Two AEW Stars Expected To Take Time Off
- Recent WWE Surprise Was A ‘Late Creative Decision’
- John Cena Opens Up On Relationship With The Rock Following SmackDown Interaction
- VIDEO: Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) Immediate Backstage Reaction To AEW Debut
- SmackDown Star Shares Cryptic Message Amid WWE Absence