WWE has revealed a new name for Bailey Matthews, son of William Regal, who is now ‘coming soon’ to NXT UK.
In January, WWE announced that Matthews had signed with NXT UK. On the February 25 episode, Matthews made his NXT UK debut in a losing effort against Tyler Bate.
On tonight’s (September 16) episode, vignettes aired for Matthews, now under the name “Charlie Dempsey”. In a video package, Dempsey said that he’s looking forward to grounding many NXT UK stars, assuring fans that he’s not a high flyer.
WWE took to Twitter to promote Dempsey’s arrival:
COMING SOON to #NXTUK
𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑹𝑳𝑰𝑬 𝑫𝑬𝑴𝑷𝑺𝑬𝒀 pic.twitter.com/4Sp016KhEB
— WWE (@WWE) September 16, 2021
WWE has notably given a lot of NXT talents new names this week, including Bron Breakker, Rick Steiner’s son. It has been reported that ahead of his debut on Tuesday’s edition of NXT 2.0, the commentators were banned from mentioning Steiner on air.
- Roman Reigns Next Three Title Challengers Revealed
- Huge Update On Triple H WWE Status
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE SmackDown
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- WWE Talent ‘Could Not Understand’ Why Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out
- AEW’s Future In Further Doubt Following WarnerMedia Upfronts?
- Here’s Who Pitched Asuka Beating Becky Lynch After Sasha Banks & Naomi Walk-Out
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?