There was a major heel turn on tonight’s edition of WWE Raw as the show went off the air after the main event.
Tonight’s August 7 Raw main event saw Cody Rhodes teaming with Seth Rollins and Shinsuke Nakamura against the Judgment Day’s Finn Balor, Damian Priest and Dominik Mysterio.
Originally, Sami Zayn was set for the match but he was attacked by JD McDonagh during the show, at which point Nakamura volunteered to step in.
While it seemed like an act of goodwill, that ended up being far from the case.
In the final moments of the match, Damian Priest used the Money in the Bank briefcase on Rhodes behind the referee’s back, after which Sami Zayn emerged from the crowd with his arm bandaged up to attack Priest.
Meanwhile back in the ring, Balor was holding the briefcase and seemed prime to use it as a weapon on Rollins but instead was met by a big boot from Seth which knocked him down.
This led into a Cross Rhodes from Cody to Balor for the good guys to pick up the victory over Judgment Day.
While there was continued tension after the match between Rollins and Rhodes, in the end there was a joyful moment between the pair and after the aid of peacemaker Sami Zayn, the duo seemed to be cordial enough to celebrate together after shaking hands.
However, as the camera panned from Cody to Seth to Sami all celebrating, Shinsuke Nakamura was noticeably not perched on a ring rope with the others
Rather, as Rollins got down from his corner, Nakamura landed a big Kinshasa to the WWE World Heavyweight Champion Rollins.
To the shock of Zayn and Rhodes, Nakamura calmly walked away smirking while the pair and fans alike were left surprised.
Nakamura’s heel turn was something that had been teased for a few weeks, and it was definitely made official tonight.
You can keep up with all the latest news from tonight’s WWE Raw and all around WWE by clicking this link.
— WWE (@WWE) August 8, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Ex-WWE Star Edge (Adam Copeland) Joins AEW At WrestleDream 2023
- Jon Moxley Fined By AEW
- WWE Backstage Reaction To Edge (Adam Copeland) Departure & AEW Debut
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Explains Why He Left WWE To Join AEW
- Christian Cage Comments On Edge (Adam Copeland) Joining AEW
- Injured AEW Star Removed From Match At WrestleDream 2023
- Edge (Adam Copeland) AEW Debut Match Opponent & Date Announced
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Expected To ‘Fill The Gap’ CM Punk Left In AEW?
- MJF Addresses Jay White AEW Attack Rumors
- WWE Raw Match Cancelled Due To Top Star Not Being Cleared