WWE announcer Wade Barrett has shared a health update, ruling out the possibility of him competing against a major star.
While Barrett’s current WWE role isn’t a physical one, many have called for the British star to return to the ring.
Speaking on the WWE 2K ‘Even Stronger’ podcast, the former Intercontinental Champion and King of the Ring winner noted that he’s currently feeling good.
Making it clear that he has no interest in wrestling GUNTHER, Barrett said:
“No, no surgeries on the horizon. I’m feeling pretty good.
“Now, of course, this is when people start messaging me, ‘Hey when are you getting back in the ring? How about Gunther?’
“Hell no! I’m not getting in the ring with Gunther I can promise you that.”
GUNTHER has been the Intercontinental Champion since winning the gold from Ricochet on the June 10, 2022 edition of SmackDown.
He recently passed 453 days with the gold, becoming the longest reigning WWE Intercontinental Champion of all time.
The backstage reaction to GUNTHER’s most recent title defence, against Chad Gable on the September 4 episode of Raw, has now been revealed.
Transcription via Fightful.
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Cody Rhodes Next WWE Feud Revealed?
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE
- Big Update On Becky Lynch’s NXT Future
- Championship Matches Added To AEW WrestleDream 2023