A top WWE star has revealed a surprising hope for their future with Jimmy & Jey Uso following the events that led to WrestleMania 39.
Formerly a firm favourite within The Bloodline, Sami Zayn’s position was seemingly irrevocably shattered as the April 2023 premium live event approached.
Teaming with Kevin Owens, Zayn would capture the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championships from The Usos, with a rematch set for April 28.
Appearing on WWE’s The Bump, Sami Zayn revealed that, while there may be bad blood between the teams, he’s got hopes for the future speaking of his relationship with The Usos, Jey in particular, saying:
“Yeah, 100%. I feel the same way about Jimmy. Look, it’s like any other relationship, whether it’s a friendship, romantic relationship, anything in life. There are times you kind of drift apart, but it’s not an on-off switch. You don’t suddenly stop caring about that person overnight, even if they did you wrong, which they have. Both Usos have, and Jey has repeatedly.
“There’s always gonna be a part of me that’s gonna remember the connection we had as damn near brothers, seriously. So I do, on some level, still kind of want .
“I know that sounds kind of weird, after everything we’ve been through, but I mean look, I’m not the only one who sees it. Anybody who’s watched this story play out over the last year, year and a half, come on, more, three years. We’ve seen the way Roman’s treated him.
“We’ve seen that really The Usos have been carrying The Bloodline. You see that it’s just not right, for (what) Jey’s been through. At the same time, it’s hard to feel sorry for him sometimes because he does some pretty horrible things, and then you gotta get even with him.
“So that’s kind of where we’re at now, but I do feel like I’m hoping, on some level, that if we beat them, and we beat them again, and just keep doing our thing, that these cracks in The Bloodline will turn into giant holes that have to be addressed, and the whole thing does fall apart because it needs to fall apart.”
Zayn would also talk about how he sees The Bloodline after the events of WrestleMania on The Bump, expressing his concerns about the “danger” that they pose.
Transcript from Fightful.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- PHOTO: AEW Star Shows Off Stitches On His Face After Bloody Match
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- AEW Star Becoming ‘More Important’ On Creative Team, Recent Contributions Revealed
- SmackDown Star Says He Got Over Without WWE Shoving Him Down Fans’ Throats
- Paul Heyman Idea That Vince McMahon Thought Was ‘Terrible’ Revealed