Following the Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match that happened at Royal Rumble, wrestling fans could see something similar at WrestleMania 39.
In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Craig Stimmel, WWE senior VP and head of global sales and partnerships, gave an indication on what we could expect on the two-night WWE premium live event.
Stimmel would initially explain the mindset and media exposure that sponsorship has given, using the Mountain Dew and Royal Rumble as an example, revealing that the post-match press conference at WrestleMania would also be sponsored, saying:
“We’re also going to have a post-match press conference that’s going to be sponsored this year — you saw that with Mountain Dew and Royal Rumble — but we’re going to have that again at WrestleMania.
“It’s on YouTube and on TikTok and on Facebook, so we’re gonna have a myriad of opportunities to tell a brand story across different spectrums with different voices.
“So I think when we approach brands, we want to make sure that that holistic picture is in place… we’re looking for that audience overlap.”
Promising “surprises” at WrestleMania, Stimmel said:
“I don’t want to give away too much, but it’ll be around a match, and the sponsorship of that match, and what they’ll be able to bring to that match.
“So we’re going to do things that fit inside of our storyline as well.”
In the interview, Stimmel would single out a new sponsor: Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Other sponsors for the upcoming event include Pepsi, Take Two and Mars/Snickers.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39