WWE has shared a new job listing, revealing that the company is looking to hire an individual to fill the role of ‘Writer/Producer’.
WWE creative has received an overhaul over the last few months, with Triple H taking over as the Chief Content Officer following Vince McMahon’s departure in July.
The company is now looking to hire for its creative department. Per the new job listing, the responsibilities of the new ‘Writer/Producer’ will include:
– Develop clearly defined, yet emotionally sophisticated, characters for a diverse group of WWE Talent.
– Script descriptive, thought-provoking, captivating, and creative storylines for RAW, SmackDown, and select programming on the WWE Network
– Collaborate with a team of writers to build compelling stories that capture a global audience fitting multiple demographics
– Provide punch-up for specific scripted segments as well as review the totality of entire episodes for continuity and flow
– Incorporate consumer insights and social media to deliver impactful storylines that are consistent with the WWE brand and each Talent’s skills and history
– Weekly travel to our shows (RAW or Smackdown) & rotating travel to PPV’s (Pay-Per-View’s)
– Attend and contribute in creative writing team meetings every week at our Stamford, CT HQ
WWE is currently looking to bring on an experienced name, with the ideal candidate having over five years of TV, film or social media experience.
WWE listed the following for required qualifications:
– 5+ years of writing for TV, film or social media
– Producing and Directing experience a plus
– Professional TV staff experience in drama and comedy a plus
– Experience in Live TV production a plus
– Plugged into social media trends
– Previous experience working with On-Screen Talent, Creative Writers, and Producers
– Understanding of WWE’s audience (demographic and psychographic) a plus but not required
– BA/BS in Film, TV, Drama, Media Studies, Communications or similar field of study or validated experience in lieu of a degree
Triple H has been overseeing creative for almost four months now, following Vince McMahon’s departure.
An update has emerged on Vince McMahon, months after his retirement.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Bayley’s Hilarious Reaction To ‘Bayley Is Hot’ Fan Sign
- WWE Star Unmasks & Swaps With Fan
- AEW Star Sends Heartfelt Message To WWE’s Nikki Cross
- CM Punk’s First Ever WWE Opponent Recalls Going Off Script In Match
- AEW Star Set For First Singles Match In Over Five Months
- Dominik Mysterio Shares Rare Heartwarming Moment With Fan At WWE Event
- New Feud For AEW Championship Revealed
- AEW Star Wears Protective Apparatus For First Match After Facial Injury
- Long-Absent AEW Star Teases Match With Former Partner
- Backstage Update On Randy Orton’s WWE Contract