Ahead of PROGRESS Chapter 134: No Mountain High Enough, Axel Tischer (fka Alexander Wolfe) spoke exclusively with Sanchez Taylor for WrestleTalk.com about his time in WWE.
Tischer joined WWE in April 25, as part of a class of international Performance Center recruits. He wrestled in the US as part of the SAnitY faction from 2016 t0 2019, before joining Imperium on NXT UK.
The German star admitted that he definitely felt a culture shock after he allowed himself to pursue a social life in the States.
Noting that he now misses Florida, Tischer said:
“When I first moved over there, my head was full with work, because (there’s) a busy schedule and everything, and you have to kind of… you start your journey with WWE, and I’m with NXT, so you have to kind of get used to the system over there. You’re the beginner so you walk on eggshells, you have to take care of how to start your first week or your first month.
“Also, private life also hits you, so I did not really have the time just to digest the entire culture thing, but after one month, I definitely got a big culture shock. And, most of the stuff is similar, because Germany’s also like a Western society country, same as England, same as the States, but still culture-wise, Germany is a lot different than the States, especially Florida.
“German people are more reserved, and if you do not know anybody in particular in private, you do not ask him how he is, or ‘How are you? Hey mate’, or friend or buddy, whatever. That doesn’t exist in Germany. If you know somebody and he’s your friend, you will ask him, ‘Hey, how are you?’, because you really care, but it’s not a part of our… But in America, you get nice greetings everywhere you go. You go buying groceries and people ask, ‘How are you?’, and you’re kinda like, ‘Whoa, do we know each other?’. So that’s a thing I had to adjust.
“But after all, I had six years of my life living in Florida, living in the States, on tour, and I had a great experience there. I miss Florida, I miss the States as well, but also I’m happy to be back here home in Germany as well.”
If you use this exclusive quote, or any portion of it, please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
Tischer left WWE in June 2021 after his contract expired.
Also in the interview, Tischer reacted to WWE renaming WALTER (Gunther) and Marcel Barthel (Ludwig Kaiser), and revealed the bizarre wrestling directive he received from WWE while part of SAnitY.
You can listen to the full interview below:
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer Reacts To Trinity Fatu Tribute At IMPACT Under Siege 2023
- Cody Rhodes Shares Message Ahead Of Brock Lesnar Match At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Roman Reigns Shares Final Message Before WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Ex-NXT Star Helps Trish Stratus Beat Becky Lynch At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Former Champion Becomes A Free Agent, Multiple Promotions Interested
- Big Update On WWE World Heavyweight Championship Lineage After Seth Rollins’ Win
- WWE Crowns New World Heavyweight Champion At Night Of Champions
- VIDEO: Jimmy Uso Turns On Roman Reigns, Jey Uso Reacts
- Full Match Order For WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Surprise Title Change At WWE Night Of Champions 2023